Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Trip

I'm off tomorrow for a work/pleasure trip.
It happens that I supervised a Master student from my home-town University and tomorrow she has her thesis defence....so I thought I'll go along! I'll be back on Monday at lunch time.

My dad suggested to use the weekend to warm up the legs on skiing slopes and I just jumped at the opportunity. Within seconds my sister was on board also and finally my mum could come too, so it'll be like when we were children on a short holidays together. I can't wait.

On other fronts: the New Toy (aka the computer) is sick again with the same BSOD it had before. I had it back a day or two and sent it straight back in repair last week. It's not back yet and I'm getting quite pissed off as you can imagine. Now they think the problem is the wireless card and the mother-board. Considering that the first time around they changed the hard-drive I think they've pretty much reassembled a new machine. We'll see.

The Attic project is at halt at the moment. We got the signed letter from the owner of the apt below but we haven't yet received anything from the architect. We liked the guy but if he's not on our same timeline I think we do have a problem. Mike called him this morning and he said he's going to email us the plan this afternoon. Last chance.
Exams have started so I've scripts to correct, but it's not too bad.
And finally yesterday I met for lunch with H., she's one of the girls coordinating the Ectopic support group! We had a great time and really connected, she hopes that with the new year we'll be awarded the charity status and everything else is ready to go.

Big hugs to Sam, things didn't work out this time unfortunately.

7 comments:

Fertility Guy said...

Have a wonderful trip, Fran. Enjoy your time on the slopes with your family!!

Sounds like you are busy with lots of great things on the go. Sorry that your New Toy is giving you headaches though.

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip when you get back! Best of luck to your student as she defends her thesis!

Fertility Chick said...

FG beat me to it - but also wanted to wish you safe travels, Fran!

Have a wonderful visit with your family and good luck to your student!

Momasita said...

Enjoy your trip, it sounds like so much fun. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Sorry about the laptop... they should just give you a new one!

Circus Princess said...

Oh skiing! So much fun! Enjoy the time with your family :O)

Mad Hatter said...

What a great trip you have planned! i hope you have wonderful weather for it!
That's so great you've connected with a support group - it sounds perfect!
Love,
Maddy
P.S. Thank you for the suggestion about natural IVF. I am definitely going to inquire. Sorry - the MF issues are listed in the left column in our TTC history - basically lowish count, motility and morphology. This is why I get so down when IUI isn't in the works! Thanks for caring and commenting - you are so dear!

tireegal68 said...

That sounds like a really great weekend, and nice to have an IRL support group:) have fun!

Best When Used By said...

You are one busy lady! Enjoy your trip, be careful out on the slopes, have fun with your family, get your work done and for the computer...I think you should demand a brand new one! They have had their opportunity to fix this one! And then - it will be January!