Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ectopic Pregnancy Ireland

Oh girls, I had to share this with you!!

The charity association is about to take off!
We got our official registration number and are now officially a registered charity!!
The 6 of us who put this together (well, I have joined late, so not much credit to me!) will meet officially on Thursday to review all our material, work on a website and a phone help-line. Ideally we will launch the support group after the Summer! Wohoooo this is so exciting, of course brings along sad memories, but the knowledge that it may be of help to so many other women is so powerful.
And we have our first donation already :o) it's mine as a thank you gesture to my friend Michele for sending me her fertility Buddha. She suggested it!

I will keep you posted and I can't wait to be able to post the link to the website on my blog!


14 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations Fran!! This is HUGE! So proud of you for doing this. Wishing you much sucess and love. xoxoxoxoxoxox

Heather said...

Exciting news! I didn't realize you were starting a charity. What a good idea though. Good luck to you and your fellow organizers!

Momasita said...

Such wonderful news! It must feel so satisfying to see all of the work put into motion. Congratulations!

Wishing 4 One said...

Yeah this is awesome! Just think in addition to how much good you do here online with so much wonderful support for us all, you will be able to help women in your area who need it too. Congrats and can't wait to hear more about it! You are such a sweetie Fran and do so much good. xoxo

Best When Used By said...

Congratulations! I know you worked long and hard to bring this goal to fruition! The subject is so close to your heart - I just know your work will mean the world to so many women. I can't wait to see the website when it is completed!

TwoDogMama said...

Congrats! That is wonderful. Being a fellow lovely ectopic survivor in the States I know there is not much help out there besides the web. How lucky the women of Ireland are for you guys! Good luck.

Saige said...

That is wonderful news Fran! Sometimes we are put on these journeys to help others, and that is exactly what you are doing. You are finding the diamond in the rough. You should be very proud of yourself.

I can't wait to see the website. :)

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congrats, Fran!

Anonymous said...

Whooo Hoooo! That sounds amazing and you must be SO proud to be part of something this huge.

Big up to you Fran!

xxx

Jane G said...

Congrats and well done Fran! I joined the Facebook group and so did my sister.

Adele said...

Fran, what a great idea this is! This is very exciting. The idea of lightening a single woman’s load on this crap road is such a good one. Buddha would be proud: )

C said...

Congratulations! You will be helping so many women.

Krissi McVicker said...

That's awesome! Congrats! Good luck on your upcoming FET!

Michele said...

I am SOOO happy for you!!! I cant wait to hear all about this project.