Saturday, September 11, 2010

21 weeks (tomorrow!)

It's a day early but given that I'll be flying to the Azores very early in the morning I'm not sure I'll have the time to update.

So this week really flew by. With all that happened it feels like the days were on top of each other. Yesterday there was the funeral of the girl who passed away and I decided not to go. I get so upset and emotional at funerals I don't think I could cope with the devastation of her parents and friends. I hope everyone understands.

I'm feeling well overall, I've changed the prenatal medicine since yesterday and my tummy has taken a turn! I hope it'll settle soon.
I feel more regular movements, definitely every day now and it's really reassuring. I can feel them as high as my belly button at times and if Mike has his hand in the right spot at the right time he can feel the kicks too! He loves it and makes so so real.

I'll bring the laptop to the conference so I hope I can stay tuned with what my cyber friends are up to, otherwise I'll catch up with you all when I'm back next weekend. Actually the plan at the moment is that as I touch down in Dublin on friday (my birthday wohoo!) we'll bring the cats to the cattery and we head off to the countryside for the weekend visiting our dear friends in their fairy tale cottage! So lot's of travelling ahead, I'll make sure I'll rest as much as I can any time I can.

15 comments:

HopeBPatient said...

Wow! 21 weeks! So glad to hear everything is going so well. Enjoy your trip and an early happy birthday!

Momasita said...

I don't blame you one bit for not going to the funeral. You have to do what's best for you. Have a great conference and congratulations on 21 weeks!

Kakunaa said...

I cannot wait to see the photos from this trip!!!

TwoDogMama said...

Happy 21 weeks Fran. You have to set your own boundaries and not going to the funeral was one way to do that. Enjoy your travels and your birthday. Plus thanks for giving me so thought on my post. Maybe I can call you ex-barren? ;)

Project Baby said...

Happy 21 weeks!! Happy Birthday early and I hope you enjoy your trip.

erika said...

Enjoy your trip!
and yay! for feeling Elvis more:)

Courtney said...

Yay for 21 weeks and Happy early Birthday!!! Hope you have a relaxing trip!

Adele said...

I don't blame you for going either, Fran. And my guess that anyone with a heart would understand. Happy travels to you!!

Laura said...

I read up on your anatomy scan and this wonderful 21 weeks scan!! Glad all is great with Elvis and that things are progressing so well. Wow you are going to the Azores.. that sounds incredible! I know it's for a conference but stil very exciting!!! You have to let us know how it all goes!!! I bet it's beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time away and if we don't hear from you before your birthday then I hope you have an AMAZING day.
Congrats on 21 weeks!

Mrs. Lemon said...

So exciting! You continue to be an inspiration to me that it WILL happen. Much love and hugs - Lemon.

Life Happens said...

Yay for 21 weeks!! I hope you have a great trip and enjoy your birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Over the hump - past the halfway mark! I'm sure Mike loves feeling the baby move. The excitement of it never diminishes. Enjoy your trip, happy birthday and be safe!

Nick and Kristi said...

I have been a bad blogger lately but what a milestone 21wks more than half way through:) And I see you referred to Elvis as he so maybe thats your motherly intuition:)))) Also sorry to hear about your co-worker.....Happy B-day and enjoy your trip....Take Care

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Hope you had a great birthday and enjoyable trip!